Pages

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Sunset Sage

I took a walk in Claremont this past week and as always, fell in love with the early evening light.  I found a wild sage bush (that I want pick leaves from and use to make brown sage butter with!) and was captivated by soft fuzzy leaves as the last of the day's light fell upon them.  For the first time in a long time,  I noticed a trickle of water in the LA "river"…the sunset light hitting the little puddle was a little depressing, but a reminder of the abundance or rain we had this year.  And the final shot was a great way to capture the very last note of light.

Here are a few of my favorites:
Want to go on a hike near your neighborhood?  Here are two great sites that have local trails and maps:
Wordish Wednesday

1 comment:

Thanks for your comments. I love reading them!